Trooper Time

Trooper Time
My sisters and I dressed up for May the 4th. We are all nerds.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas is coming!

Well, it is Dec. 8, and I have yet to start even thinking about Christmas. I just finished all of my assignments for school. These past few months have left very little time for anything other than schoolwork. Now that I am done for awhile all I want to do is sleep, but unfortunately I have lots to do.  Family members have been waiting patiently for my Christmas wish list. I have a mountain of laundry that is up to my knees. I need to start packing up my apartment in preparation for the move back home, I never thought that at almost 30 I would be moving back in with the parents. Somewhere in the middle of all of that I have to start my Christmas shopping. Some break this is going to be.

The thought of all the stuff I have to do may make me a little crazy but the thought of getting to spend the holidays with my family makes it all worth it. I have not seen much of them since school started at the end of August. I felt terrible every time I had to decline a dinner invitation, I could not make it to search for a wedding gown with my sister, and I haven't visited my grandmother in over a month. Those things help keep me sane, without spending quality time with my family I start to get a little gloomy.

So while I may not get as much rest as I want and need this holiday I will give my soul one heck of a recharge. I look forward to trimming the tree, joking with my sisters, and enjoying my parents delicious cooking. I can sleep when I am dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment